Answered You can buy a ready-made answer or pick a professional tutor to order an original one.
Here is a summary of this week’s reading: Major theories on which factors have historically impacted development: GeographyCultureProperty rightsLack of freedomProblems of development today: Struct
Here is a summary of this week’s reading:Major theories on which factors have historically impacted development:
- Property rights
- Lack of freedom
Problems of development today:
- Structural constraints, including “poverty traps”
World Bank recommendations for nations struggling with development:
- Countries should focus on: education and health; increased productivity of small farms; improved infrastructure; industrial policy to promote manufacturing; promotion of democracy and human rights; environmental protection
Development Assistance; Institutions of development include:
- Development banks (e.g. World bank)
- United Nations Development Program (UNDP)
- Government AID agencies
- Poverty reduction
- Trade – not aid
- Good governance
- Sustainable development
- Gender equality
- New investment strategies, such as microfinancing/microcredit
Using your readings and experience address the following questions:
- Describe the problems of development today
- Explain several strategies for improving the current problems of development
Share your thoughts and ideas on this week’s discussion forum prompts in a couple of paragraphs.
Be sure to cite any resources that you use in APA format. Direct quotes should not be used in discussions.
Read the following report, paying particular attention to the sections related to the questions below.
Jaber, M. A. (2014). Breaking through Glass Doors: A Gender Analysis of Womenomics in the Jordanian National Curriculum. Brookings Institute. Retrieved from: https://www.brookings.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/EchidnaAbu-Jaber2014Web.pdf
Please address the following questions:
- What is womenonics, and why is this an important term to discuss in Jordan’s employment of female workers?
- What are some interesting findings from the Arabic textbooks used? Why did you find these to be interesting?
- Upon reading the report, what strategies do you think could be helpful, in promoting gender equality in Jordan?
- Take a moment to think about how womenomics looks in your country. Describe the aspects of womenomics where you live and how you believe it can improve.
Please make sure your assignment is double-spaced using Times New Roman, 12-point font, and 1” margins. Be sure to cite any references in APA Format.
Each paper will be assessed on the following:
- All questions are answered
- Strong examples, valid points, and ideas on the topic
- At least two additional resources cited in APA format
- 2-3 pages in length
- Proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- 212 orders completed