Answered You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Hi, need to submit a 2250 words paper on the topic Current Leadership Theories and Models.
Hi, need to submit a 2250 words paper on the topic Current Leadership Theories and Models. Taking into account several features, there have appeared 5 major models of leadership at least in Western society. Later we will see leadership in the Eastern society, but now let’s look at a classification of leadership according to the following main characteristics as summarised by David Boje (2003):
- TRAITS/UNIVERSAL PRINCIPLES (the 1800s to 1940s with the revival in 1990s).
- BEHAVIOR/PROCESS (the 1940s to 1970s with the revival in 2001).
- SITUATION/CONTINGENCY (the early 1960s to Present. dead but will not vanish).
- POWER (From BC rediscovered from one generation to next. empower is renaming of the delegation of the 1940s).
- CHARISMA/TRANSFORM (the Late 1800s then rediscovered in the 1970s and revival in the 1980s) (Boje, 2005).
Studies of leadership, as related by Wikipedia (2005), have suggested some attributes that people frequently associate with leadership. The following is a list of those qualities:
Talent and technical/specific skill at some task at hand. Initiative and entrepreneurial drive. .Charismatic inspiration - attractiveness to others and the ability to leverage this esteem to motivate others. Preoccupation with a rôle - a dedication that consumes much of leaders' life - service to a cause. A clear sense of purpose (or mission) - clear goals - focus – commitment. Results orientation - directing every action towards a mission - prioritizing activities to spend time where results most accrue. Optimism - very few pessimists become leaders. Rejection of determinism - belief in one's ability to "make a difference". Ability to encourage and nurture those that report to them - delegate in such a way as people will grow. Rôle models - leaders may adopt a persona that encapsulates their mission and lead by example. Self-knowledge (in non-bureaucratic structures). Self-awareness - the ability to "lead" (as it were) one's self before leading other-selves similarly.