Answered You can buy a ready-made answer or pick a professional tutor to order an original one.
Instructions: The Executive Director for the new Asia Division, has been asked by Max Barney to put together, and present in a report to him, a business strategy that will be a guide for the next ye
***Only Sections II and III
The Executive Director for the new Asia Division
, has been asked by Max Barney to put together, and present in a report to him, a business strategy that will be a guide for the next year as the new division moves forward. The Executive Director will be working with a consulting group over the next 5 weeks and they will assist with putting together this plan. The final plan will be laid out as outlined below and developed in three phases. In the first phase (this project), Section II and Section III will be completed.
Section I – Executive Summary
Section II – Goals and Objectives
Section III – Competitive Analysis
Section IV – Description of Organizational Structure and Culture
Section V – Breakdown of Product and Services
Section VI – Communications Plan
Section VII – Human Resources Plan
The business strategy will provide the organization an opportunity to explain the goals and objectives of the new division and help with the development of the strategy to achieve them. The plan will allow the company to gain insight into the current status of the industry it is venturing into using internal and external analysis tools, and then use this analysis to design its division’s business environment. In addition, the plan will be used to form the team that will bring the vision for this division to reality.
This week, the group from Expert Foods Consultants has been tasked with conducting internal and external analysis of the infant food industry, assessing Biotech’s future in the industry and developing the business strategy for Biotech as they move forward. You will need the Biotech Company Profile to complete the analysis.
You have been tasked with conducting a SWOT Analysis of Biotech and the infant formula industry; a PESTLE analysis using the location identified during Week 2 (you must use the location identified in week 2) for the new offices; and a Porter Five Forces analysis for the industry. The group lead has requested that the analysis tools be accompanied with explanations that will breakdown the results of each analytical tool’s discoveries. With the results of this analysis, Biotech leadership should be able to make critical decisions on the types of products (and their corresponding ingredients) the company will use during its initial product line launch.
In addition to the internal and external analysis, you have been tasked with identifying five (5) major business goals that Biotech should initially be focused on as they venture into the infant formula industry. These goals should focus on defining the entry strategy that the organization should follow as it tackles moving into an industry new to the organization. These goals should be robust but also attainable. Having clear attainable goals is great, but the goals also need to have clearly defined and explained objectives that will measure the progress to achieve these goals. Meeting these objectives should result in the future success of their corresponding goals. When writing these objectives, ensure they can clearly be related to the four goals established as critical during entry into the infant formula industry.
Instructions for Completing Phase I
Step 1: Write an Introduction paragraph
The Introduction paragraph is the first paragraph of the paper and will be used to describe to the reader the intent of the paper. This intent should be understood prior to reading the remainder of the paper so the reader knows exactly what is being covered in the paper.
Step 2: PESTEL Analysis
You will develop a PESTEL analysis by completing the following tasks:
- Discuss Biotech's general environment and develop a PESTEL analysis of the infant formula industry that has an impact on Biotech;
- Provide explanations for the results of each element of the PESTEL using research and the course material. The analysis will provided specific details that include explanation of why and how – generalizations are unacceptable.
- Note: You may not use a PESTEL analysis that is already completed and available on the Internet. A zero will result if used as the analysis has to be the result of your research and your own development.
Step 3: SWOT Analysis
You will develop a SWOT analysis by completing the following tasks:
- Create a SWOT Table setting it up as follows. Make sure to cite each item in the table. Insert the table into the paper. Note that the table template can be found under the Syllabus module;
- Analyze Biotech and the infant formula industry. The weaknesses and threats should draw from the PESTEL analysis;
- Provide explanations for the results of each of the elements of the SWOT using research and the course material. The analysis will provide specific details that include explanation of why and how – generalizations are unacceptable.
- Note: You may not use a SWOT analysis that is already completed and available on the Internet. A zero will result if used as the analysis has to be the result of your research and your own development.
Step 4: Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
You will develop a Porter’s Five Forces Analysis by completing the following tasks:
- Develop the Porter’s Five Forces Analysis providing explanations for the results of each of the Five Forces using research and the course material. The analysis will provided specific details that include explanation of why and how – generalizations are unacceptable.
- Note: You may not use a Porter's Five Forces analysis that has been completed and available on the Internet. A zero will result if such an analysis is used as the analysis has to be a result of your research.
Step 5: Goals and Objectives
Using the results of the PESTEL, SWOT, Five Forces and Competitive Analysis:
- Identify 5 major goals the Business Strategy should look to attain, with explanations as to the importance of each goal and why the goals are relevant to the strategy;
- Identify a minimum of 3 objectives (per goal) necessary to accomplish each goal. Explain why the objective fits the goal. Note: Three is the minimum so to earn additional points, more objectives are needed.
- Make sure the goals and objectives are not general in nature. They need to be specific to Biotech entering the infant formula industry.
Step 6: Competitive Analysis
You will perform a competitive analysis by completing the following tasks:
- Identify the Biotech’s three major competitors;
- Using Biotech's three competitors and analyze the competition's products and services explaining features, value, targets, etc. What are the competition's strengths and weaknesses and what is the market outlook for the competition?
Step 7: Review the Paper
Read the paper to ensure all required elements are present. Use the grading rubric to ensure that you gain the most points possible for this assignment.
Proofread the paper for spelling and grammatical issues, and third person writing.
Will add additional information as needed