Answered You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Instructions: Write an essay in response to the following prompt .. Susan Bordo, "Never Just Pictures" + Jean Kilbourne, Killing Us Softly 4Look through popular magazines online or at advertisements p
Instructions: Write an essay in response to the following prompt .
. Susan Bordo, "Never Just Pictures" + Jean Kilbourne, Killing Us Softly 4
Look through popular magazines online or at advertisements posted through social media to find an advertisement that objectifies women in order to sell a product. Study the image and then write about forms of objectification that deal with the questions below. Be sure to cite from both Bordo and Kilbourne in your essay.
- What effect(s), if any, do you think the objectification of women’s bodies has on U.S. culture?
- Jean Kilbourne states, “turning a human being into a thing is almost always the first step toward justifying violence against that person.”
- What do you think she means by this? Do you agree with her reasoning? Why or why not?
- Some people would argue that depicting a woman’s body as an object is a form of art.
- What is your opinion of this point of view? Explain your reasoning.
- Kilbourne explains that the consequences of being objectified differ for women than for men.
- Do you agree?
- How do objectified images of women interact with those in our culture differently from the way images of men do?
- Why is it important to look at images in the context of the culture?
Throughout your written analysis, make clear and specific reference to the image you selected, and please submit the image with your paper.
Be sure to clearly define your focus and to research examples in popular media to support your ideas.
This essay is 4-5 pages long (typed, double-spaced, and MLA formatted).
Aslo, will require a Works Cited page in which you cite your sources, so be sure to write down the information of any additional source you've used.