Answered You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Please match the text with the appropriate fallacy (or indicate where there is 'no fallacy'). Use each selection only once. Equivocation B....
Please match the text with the appropriate fallacy (or indicate where there is 'no fallacy'). Use each selection only once.
C. inappropriate authority
D. circular reasoning
E. hasty generalization
F. false cause
G. weak analogy
I. proof surrogate
J. Ad Hominem Circumstantial
K. no fallacy
1. You lawyers. Always taking cases just to get rich
2. No man will take counsel, but every man will take money: therefore money is better than counsel. (Jonathan Swift)
3. Lose up to five pounds in 2 days!!
4. It rains a lot in San Diego during the summer. I know because I spent two weekends in San Diego last summer, and both times it rained like cats and dogs.
5. Coral snakes have bright orange and yellow bands and they are poisonous. This snake has bright yellow and orange bands, so I will not touch it.
6. My wife is blonde, attractive, and appreciates it when I give her sexy lingerie for Valentine's Day. My secretary is also blonde and attractive. Therefore, she would appreciate it if I gave her sexy lingerie for Valentine's Day.
7. Kids play too many video games. That's why there's so much juvenile crime today.
8. After Ken removed the trash from the pool, the kids played in it.
9. I simply won't go into those cowboy bars; they're full of stupid, inbred hayseeds who disguise their insecurities with big hats and boots.
10. Everybody knows that David Letterman is the funniest man in America.
11. psychiatry is dangerous. I know that because Tom Cruise told me about psychiatry.
12. Gambling is wrong, because it's wrong to play at games of chance for stakes.
Question 2 of 234.0 Points
Use truth tables to determine whether this example is valid or invalid.
Feel free to provide your rationale or show your work:
~ m -> n
~ m ^ p
n ^ p