Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Prof Billy Elite
As the newly hired human resources (HR) manager for a jewelry store, you have placed your initial focus on the areas of staffing and training development. During your organizational analysis, you discovered the following with regard to staffing and training:
- Line managers are currently handling the recruiting and staffing functions. Each manager tends to follow different hiring practices. Some of the managers are reluctant to hand over the hiring of their staff to the HR department. Other managers feel burdened with the staffing responsibilities and are anxious to turn it over as quickly as possible. No job descriptions exist within the organization.
- Upon hire, employees are given a 2-hour orientation session focusing on department policy and procedure. There is no additional training given, but rather, it is on the job training and learn as you go. There are no formal training classes and no management training programs.
You would like to obtain feedback from the line managers prior to making a presentation to the chief executive officer (CEO). Taking the above conditions into consideration, address the following questions in a presentation that you will deliver to a team of three to four line managers:
- What are your preliminary recommendations with regard to centralizing the staffing function under the HR umbrella?
- What will the new process look like?
- With regard to this new staffing strategy, what challenges do you anticipate, and what is your plan to overcome those challenges?
- How can you position this to demonstrate how this will impact the performance efforts of the organization?
- What results do you anticipate?