Answered You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Question 2: Internal vs External RecruitingTo respond to this topic, you first want to define and discuss INTERNAL vs. EXTERNAL recruitment practices. You want to demonstrate your understanding of the
Question 2: Internal vs External Recruiting
To respond to this topic, you first want to define and discuss INTERNAL vs. EXTERNAL recruitment practices. You want to demonstrate your understanding of the pros and cons of each approach. Include in you discussion an example of a situation in which each of these approaches might be particularly effective. Be sure to conduct independent research and include an expert's ideas (with proper citations) to support your argument.
Question 3: What haven’t we focused on? (Everyone responds)
There is a wealth of information available in our texts, isn't there? I cannot possibly ask you questions about every topic and concept - but I want to make sure you know the material. For example, we didn't talk about INTERVIEWS and the various interviewing techniques an HRM can use. Then, there are the important topics of NEGOTIATING with and PLACING employees, once they have been hired!
For this last topic, I would ask you to select one of the topics above or a topic that sparked your interest this week and summarize your understanding about the topic. I would like to see at least two paragraphs in which you explain your understanding about any aspect of the employee recruitment and selection processes issues or techniques. Conduct outside/independent research and include your sources. You get to choose your focus.
- Chapter 4: Recruitment. In Chapter 4 "Recruitment", recruitment, the process for getting the most qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds, is the focus. We discuss some of the important laws to consider when hiring people and methods to recruit highly qualified individuals
- Chapter 5: Selection. In Chapter 5 "Selection", we talk about the selection process. Once you have recruited people, you must organize the process that selects the best candidate. This can include interviewing, employment tests, and selecting the criteria by which candidate performance will be measured.
READINGS BEYOND THE TEXT
- Open University’s free 12-hour course on Human Resources: Recruitment and Selection: (2016) “Effective Recruitment and Selection” Retrieved from http://www.open.edu/openlearn/money-management/management/human-resources/human-resources-recruitment-and-selection/content-section-0
- Williams (no date) “Internal Versus External Recruitment - Which Is Best?” (HTML) Retrieved from (Short discussion with Advantages and Disadvantages for hiring internal/external.) http://web.archive.org/web/20150422025634/http://www.articlesnatch.com/Article/Internal-Versus-External-Recruitment---Which-Is-Best--/793181
- “Guide to Strategic Human Resource Planning” (2013) Retrieved from: http://www.workinfo.org/index.php/articles/item/699-a-guide-to-strategic-human-resource-planning (Using diagrams and narrative to discuss HR planning)