Answered You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
The English language arts content area encompasses a range of literacy skills, including reading, writing, listening, speaking, and language. The ability to perform these vital skills influences all c
The English language arts content area encompasses a range of literacy skills, including reading, writing, listening, speaking, and language. The ability to perform these vital skills influences all content areas and sets a foundation for a child’s educational and professional future.
The purpose of this assignment is to analyze and select various instructional strategies specifically for reading and language development.
In this assignment, you will design a lesson plan intended to engage students in these strategies, while also making learning appropriately higher-order and meaningful.
Design a lesson plan for the elementary grade of your choice using the “COE Lesson Plan Template,” found in the Student Success Center. The lesson plan template should be completed in its entirety and should:
Teach both reading and language development/vocabulary to elementary students:
- Younger elementary students will primarily be taught lessons on phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, word study, frequently used vocabulary words, and some text comprehension.
- Older elementary students will primarily be taught lessons on vocabulary, including English language arts content terminology, and text comprehension.
- Align to state or national standards for English language arts (use the Common Core standards or your state’s standards). State of Florida Please
- Use a grade-appropriate fiction or non-fiction text.
- Include grade- and content-appropriate vocabulary.
- Incorporate appropriate formative or summative assessment.
- Utilize appropriate English language arts practices and materials.
- Demonstrate organization and logic.
After designing the lesson plan, in 150-250 words, reflect on how you engaged complex thinking and meaning making within the scope of the reading and language/vocabulary lesson. Emphasize how you encouraged critical thinking and understanding of the text and language/vocabulary.
Submit your lesson plan and reflection as one deliverable.