Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
This week's graded topics relate to the following Course Outcomes (COs). CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (PO 4 & 8) CO 4: Evaluate
This week's graded topics relate to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
- CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (PO 4 & 8)
- CO 4: Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and significance related to evidence-based practice. (PO 4 & 8)
- CO 5: Recognize the role of research findings in evidence-based practice. (PO 7 & 8)
Access the following information. You may read the PDF online or download it.
American Nurses Association. (2014). Fast facts: The nursing workforce 2014: Growth, salaries, education, demographics & trends. ANA. Retrieved from https://www.nursingworld.org/globalassets/practiceandpolicy/workforce/fastfacts_nsgjobgrowth-salaries_updated8-25-15.pdf (Links to an external site.)
- Review the data presented in the ANA Fast Facts and describe some of the key attributes/characteristics of this sample of the nursing workforce.
- Discuss some of the data that you found interesting; include what you believe the purpose (intent) of ANA sharing these results.
- The instruments and tools that we use to collect data need to be reliable and valid. Define these terms and explain the importance of each. Share one way that can be used to collect data that you were not aware of or familiar with.
Professor's comment: Class,This week we are continuing our discussion on methods as well as data collection. How does a researcher ensure that reliability and validity are maintained in instruments and between raters?
You are also asked to read the above fast facts from the ANA. What was your impression of this data collected? What do you believe the intent was of the researcher who designed the survey? Furthermore, discuss instruments, tools, reliability and validity.
We will continue our discussion in this thread talking about various instruments and how the strength of an instrument is an important part of the research process. Often times if the data collection instrument is poor, then the results will be, too.
We will be working toward the following Course Outcomes in this thread:
- Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies.
- Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and lab significance related to evidence-based practice.
- Recognize the role of research findings in EBP.
I look forward to seeing you advance your research knowledge! Paula