Answered You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Troy Engines, Ltd., manufactures a variety of engines for use in heavy equipment. The company has always produced all of the necessary parts for its...
Fixed manufacturing overhead, allocated 12 228,000
Total cost $49 $ 931,000
* One- third supervisory salaries: two-thirds depreciation of special equipment (no resale value).
1. Assuming the company has no alternative use for the facilities that are now being used to produce the carburetors, what would be the financial advantage ( disadvantage) of buying 19,000 carburetors from the outside supplier?
2. Should the outside supplier's offer be accepted?
3. Suppose that if the carburetors were purchased. Troy Engines, Ltd., could use the freed capacity to launch a new product. The segment margin of the new product would be $190,000 per year. Given this new assumption, what would be financial advantage (disadvantage) of buying 19,000 carburetors from the outside supplier?
4. Given the new assumption in requirement 3, should the outside supplier's offer be accepted?