Answered You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Using the linksbelow, visit the EDGAR web sites and look at the 2017 10-K's for HCA and THC, two publicly tradedand for profit hospital companies (
Using the links below, visit the EDGAR web sites and look at the 2017 10-K's for HCA and THC, two publicly traded and for profit hospital companies ( When you look at the site, these were posted on February 23 or 26, 2018 see the annual report interactive data). Go to the Yellow Box and click on Financial Statements, Notes to the Financial Statements or Accounting Policies. Review the Financials and think about the formats that you are reading about in the Gapenski book, compare and contrast the difference in a for Profit and Not for Profit Company and their presentation of the Financial Statements. Take a look at the "Consolidated Statements of Income or Operations" for this discussion. Then post a response to the group discussion board regarding any of the following questions:
- What are salaries and benefits as a percentage of net revenue?
- Do you think that the salaries for one of the two are a higher percentage of net revenues? Why is this?
- Compute 3 or 4 significant trends from the three years of the income statement and comment. Read the footnotes on Earnings per Share or Allowance for Doubtful Accounts (Net Patient Accounts Receivables) and discuss.
- Compare the For-Profit formats and reporting to the Not for Profit formats and reporting, what are some of the similarities and differences.
- Is there difference on what is included in the Financial's of the publicly reporting companies versus the format presented in the lectures and book.
Edgar Website Links: