Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Assignment 1: Statistical Analysis Project
Due Week 10 and worth 120 points
For this project, you need to create your own research question to conduct a hypothesis test. In doing so, you will need to find your own data by collecting the data yourself. Your data set should consist of at least 30 observations/measurements. You will need to provide to your instructor through Blackboard your research question and plans to collect your data by the end of Week 4. Additionally, a rough draft is due in Week 8 to check your progress and understanding of the assignment. Your research question should have one of the following general forms:
- The true population mean variable is greater than value.
- The true population mean variable is less than value.
- The true population mean variable is not equal to value.
The research question and variable to be studied must be approved by the instructor in Week 4. Failure to receive approval and/or submit a rough draft will result in a 50% penalty on the final assignment.
Write a two to three (2-3) page report in which you:
- Calculate the mean, median, and standard deviation for ounces in the bottles.
- Construct a 95% Confidence Interval for the ounces in the bottles.
- Conduct a hypothesis test to verify if the claim that a bottle contains less than sixteen (16) ounces is supported. Clearly state the logic of your test, the calculations, and the conclusion of your test.
Discuss the results of your hypothesis test. Explain what the results mean. Provide supporting information related to your variable and how the results of your test will be used.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides. No citations and references are required, but if you use them, they must follow APA format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Calculate measurements of central tendency and dispersal.
- Determine confidence intervals for data.
- Describe the vocabulary and principles of hypothesis testing.
- Discuss application of course content to professional contexts.
- Use technological tools to solve problems in statistics.
- Write clearly and concisely about statistics using proper writing mechanics.
Ten Famous Intellectual Property Disputes
- Review the article at the link above or click on the picture below.
- Pin: Find an article or other information from a credible source centered on intellectual property and/or in infringement upon intellectual property rights.
- Post: From the information above and the information others have pinned; from a business and society standpoint, should patent protections be expanded and extended or should they be more limited?
From Barbie to cereal to a tattoo, a copyright lawsuit can get contentious; some have even reached the Supreme Court
Writing Assignment #2, Current Business Law Topic (220 pts)
The Current Business Law Topic assignment will be made up of two parts.
The first will be a one-page memorandum (1 page of text) summarizing a legal item of interest from a business periodical which is relevant to the study of business and law and your thoughts on the issues and concepts presented. The second will be presentation where you share your learning with the class.
For the first part of the assignment, your memo should address how it relates to the focus of our studies in our class. Topics can be selected from a wide range of sources. However, a link to your selected article must be included in your memo along with a full APA citation for your article so that I can locate it and read it.
As the second part of this assignment, you will make a 3-5 slide presentation for your classmates which communicate the ideas you discuss in your memo. It will be a simulated presentation using either the speaker’s notes in PowerPoint, or the narration feature of PowerPoint. Your presentation should be 3-5 minutes or could be presented in 3-5 minutes. If you elect the speaker notes option you should annotate your speaker’s notes in the area that PowerPoint provides. If you elect the narration option, it should be embedded with PowerPoint. Thus, your classmates will learn from your work. Both your memo and your PowerPoint presentation will be distributed to your classmates as you will be required to post your work to a discussion forum.
The topic for your memo can center on topics we have discussed in the course or will discuss in course, or a business law topic or issue that is of particular interest to you. You must select an article from a credible source. I offer the following as an abbreviated list of possible periodicals as sources for articles. Many of these and other sources have online resources or are available online through the Strayer University Online Library. There are a number of resources available through ProQuest and/or EBSCOHost. The article selected must be at least 1000 words in length. I would suggest you take advantage of our library resources.
Guide for the Memo
Your memo should be divided into sections with section headers corresponding at minimum to the sections suggested below, Summary, Analysis, and Reflection
Your memo should briefly summarize the article. This is an ideal section to place your brief comment as to the reason you believe the source to be credible. I would suggest that no more than 1/4 or the memo be used for this purpose.
Follow your summary with an analysis of the article and how it applies to the study of business and law. I would suggest approximately 1/2 of the page be used for this purpose.
The remaining space should be used to convey your reflection on the article, i.e. specify your conclusions, opinions based on your analysis, and how the knowledge you gained relates to your understanding of business and/or management and the legal environment, and how it can be applied.
Please insure you have cited the article correctly within your memo. Your memo should be single spaced. Within your memo and during your presentation, comment on your opinion of the validity of your source and why.
The grading rubric provides you insights into how the work will be evaluated.You will also be posting your work in a future discussion question for all to read and provide you feedback.
Learning Objectives of the Assignment
1. Develop and apply increased writing skills2. Develop and apply increased analytical skills3. Acquaint student learners with the use of online information resources4. Broaden the perspective of student learners in the area of business law5. Analyze and evaluate information and sources6. Synthesize business law into the study of business7. Increase student learner technical skills that improve communication and approximate the real world working environment.8. Provide a peer learning experience.
Please submit your work in the following format and order via the course Blackboard site. Email submissions will not be accepted1. Your memo submitted via the course Blackboard site as a Word file and your PowerPoint submitted via the course Blackboard site as a PPT file. a. Name your memo file: last name, first name, CBLT, Memo and b. Name your PPT file, last name, first name, CBLT, PowerPoint
2. Include a link to the article in your memo. Also cite it using APA format. I need to be able to locate your article so that I can read it.