Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Why planning failed for Hurricane Kartina
August of 2005 when Hurricane Katrina made landfall in Florida, Louisiana and for a third time near the Louisiana/Mississippi border. While more than 15 states were affected, the most catastrophic losses occurred in the city of New Orleans, Orleans Parish and the surrounding Parishes. The issues surrounding the losses in the New Orleans area have been the some of the most discussed and debated emergency management topics since then.
discuss how and why planning efforts in this area were not effective. You should consider the following points:
- were there plans in place
- were the plans effective for a storm of this magnitude
- what specific areas of planning worked and what didn't
- were plans translated to effective action (was it planning or execution)
- were plans and actions in other states (Mississippi, Alabama, Florida) more effective and why or why not
While there are hundreds (if not thousands) of articles written about the failures or perceived failures during this storm, please concentrate on the planning aspects as tightly as possible. Do some in depth research to provide insight for the paper.
This paper should be prepared following current APA guidelines. The body of the paper should be 9-10 pages.