Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
7 discussions questions. Need help. A+ work No plagiarizing
All discussions questions needs to be done with 2 or 3 paragraphs. No plagiarizing
Week 2 discussions1
"What is Policy?" Please respond to the following:
* From the readings, explain how social, political, and environmental factors influenced the Immigration Policy in the United States. Support your answer with examples.
* From the readings, identify two to three (2-3) reasons why the Workplace Policy is not effective. Recommend two (2) strategies to address the problem. Support your answer with examples.
* From the readings and second e-Activity, describe what you would say in response to Steven Levitt.
Helpful link below
* Watch the video titled “Steven Levitt on Child Car Seats” (19 min 2 s) at http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/steven_levitt_on_child_carseats.html. Be prepared to discuss.
Week 3 discussions 1
"Systems Models" Based on the lecture, address the following:
* Analyze and discuss examples of inputs and outputs influencing the systems model. For example, how do interest groups and the news media provide inputs to the Minimum Wage Policy process?
* Assess the strengths and weaknesses of any systems model of any social or political process by reviewing Figure 2.2: A Systems Model of Politics and Policy. Recommend how one can overcome the weaknesses you identified.
Week 3 discussions 2
"Distribution of Wealth" Please respond to the following:
* From the e-Activity, take a position for or against how the Minimum Wage Policy supports or negates unequal distribution of wealth matter in terms of public policy and why does it matter.
* Analyze and take a position on unequal distribution of wealth and its influence on demographic changes.
Week 4 discussions 1
"Balance of Power" Please respond to the following:
* From the readings introduced in the e-Activities, explain 3-4 strategies that you would implement to persuade one of the official players (you choose) to go along with you on deficit-reduction measures. Remember that you want to practice bipartisan and bicameral negotiations.
* Senate Majority Leader
* Speaker of the House
* House Minority Leader
* Senate Minority Leader
* From the Affordable Care Act, identify two (2) official actors and then describe how their motives, conflicts, and interrelationships impacts the policy. Support your answer with examples.
Down below I have post helpful links
* Visit The White House Blog to read “President Obama’s Framework for $4 Trillion in Deficit Reduction” dated April 13, 2001 at http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2011/04/13/president-obama-s-framework-4-trillion-deficit-reduction. Be prepared to discuss.
* Visit The White House Briefing Room to read the “FACT SHEET: The President’s Framework for Shared Prosperity and Shared Fiscal Responsibility” dated April 13, 2011 at http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/04/13/fact-sheet-presidents-framework-shared-prosperity-and-shared-fiscal-resp. Be prepared to discuss.
* Research and be prepared to discuss the Affordable Care Act at: https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/granule/PLAW-111publ148/PLAW-111publ148/content-detail.html
Week 4 discussions 2
"Partisan Legislation" Based on the lecture, address the following:
* Take a position on whether you believe that partisan legislative politics is good for our form of representative democracy. Support your position with materials from the textbook. Then, suggest what should replace it. If you feel nothing should replace it, state why and support your reason with materials from the textbook.
* Some people argue that intense partisan competition forces each side to be a watchdog for the other, thereby achieving stability and balance. Others argue that this highly partisan environment leads to a paralysis in policymaking and detracts from tackling society’s most important issues. Analyze the influence you think partisan politics has had on the sorts of public policies that are enacted, or not enacted, by Congress. Does the partisan balance of Congress matter in terms of the policies it enacts? Why or why not?
Week 5 discussions 1
"Unofficial Actors" Based on the lecture, address the following:
* Many members of the news media say that they are just a “mirror” of society and that they simply reflect what happens in society. They would argue that their influence is relatively small. Using the Anti-Bullying Policy as an example, take a position on whether you agree or disagree with this position.
* Families may be considered as unofficial actors in many federal and state policies, discuss a policy issue where unofficial actors have made a significant presence in changing a federal or state policy. Justify your response with examples.
Week 5 Discussion 2
"Interest Groups" Please respond to the following:
* Using your research from the e-Activity, briefly explain your findings of the following:
* The number of groups you found
* The amount of their power and influence
* Your overall impressions of the research
* Imagine you belong to an interest group that advocates for a particular policy you care about. Using the e-Activity from Week 4, recommend the best venue for seeking attention to your policy issues, and state your reasons for your selection(s).