BIOS 135 Week 1 Quiz
This document of BIOS 135 Week 1 Quiz includes answers to the next questions:
1. The most effective control subjects in a test of an experimental treatment are which of the following?
2. You notice that there is more traffic between 8:00 and 9:00 in the morning. This would be a(n) _________.
3. Deductive reasoning is used to make ________ based on a hypothesis.
4. Each of the following is a testable hypothesis, EXCEPT which of the following?
5. How many grams of sugar (a carbohydrate, 4 kcal/g) are in a can of soda, if there are 200 kcal and no fat or protein?
6. When a solid is converted directly to a gas, the change of state is called which of the following?
7. The energy of motion is referred to as which of the following?
8. Which if the following is a NOT a heterogeneous mixture?
9. Which if the following is a homogeneous mixture?
10. The heat of fusion for water is 80.0 cal/g. How many calories of heat are released when 20.0 g of water at 0 degrees C is frozen to ice?
11. Upon arriving home, you flip the hall light switch, but the light won't turn on. Propose a way you could apply the scientific method to solve this problem. Be sure to identify and address clearly all four steps of the scientific method in your answer.
**** *** Week 1 ****Attached: BIOS 135 Week 1 Quiz.zip