Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
due in 12-15 hours, 3-4 double spaced pages. Film Analysis – Hors la loi (Outside the Law, 2010) by Rachid Bouchareb
Film Analysis – Hors la loi (Outside the Law, 2010) by Rachid Bouchareb
Write a 3-4-page film analysis of the film Hors la loi through the critical lens of postcolonial
thought and theory. Pay close attention to how the film uses formal elements like mise-en-scene,
cinematography, and editing to signify and communicate meaning through its images.
Relate our readings of Fanon, Memmi, and Sartre to what the film communicates. Some guiding
questions can be:
• What does the film, made in 2010, hope to achieve in terms of history and cultural
• How does the film represent the Algerians and the French, respectively?
• Does the film allude to The Battle of Algiers? In what ways?
• How does Fanon’s “On Violence” help us understand the events of the film?
• How does Memmi’s discussion of the impossibility of assimilation of the colonized
reveal itself in the film.
Make sure you structure your analysis with an introduction and a conclusion. Make sure every
paragraph starts with a topic sentence and proceeds with evidence.