GLG 220 Week 2 DQs
This file of GLG 220 Week 2 Discussion Questions shows the Solutions to the following problems:
DQ 1: Answer in 200-300 word count. Choose one question below and title your answer with Reply.
1. Will plate tectonics eventually turn off and cease to operate on Earth? Why or why not?
2. What are the differences between active and passive continental margins? What is the relationship between plate tectonics and the various features? Provide an example of each continental margin.
3. How did the discovery of magnetic anomalies and reversals process contribute to our current acceptance of plate tectonics theory
DQ 2: Answer in 200-300 word count. Choose one question below and title your answer with Reply.
1. How can the Appalachian Mountains be considered a collision-type mountain range when the nearest continent is 5,000 kilometers (3,000 miles) away?
2. What is an earthquake? What causes earthquakes?
3. How did the Hawaiian Islands form geologically? How could the relative age of the islands be determined?
*** 220 **** 2 ***Attached: GLG 220 Week 2 DQs.zip