Answered You can buy a ready-made answer or pick a professional tutor to order an original one.
Having read the material for weeks five and six as indicated in the Course Syllabus, along with the respective Weekly Course Lessons and the Weekly Course Announcement, write a clear and descriptive n
Having read the material for weeks five and six as indicated in the Course Syllabus, along with the respective Weekly Course Lessons and the Weekly Course Announcement, write a clear and descriptive narrative that:
- Discusses the dynamic and complex nature of Tectonic Hazards in terms of their relationship to the concept of risk. In specific:
- Why is it difficult to assess risk in terms of tectonic hazards?
- What is the concept of resilience?
- What are the social and economic impacts of tectonic hazards?
- Shifting to the consideration of mass movement hazards which often accompany tectonic hazards, discuss:
- Slope stability;
- The role of gravity and the role of water in mass movement events;
- Whether or not one (gravity or water) can mitigate the effects or either (Gravity or water); How so?
- Finally, explore triggering events related to potential mass movement events.
- Can mass movement hazard predictions be made on the basis of understanding of slope stability and triggering events?
Research and investigation beyond those materials indicated in the course-ware will be required.
- Your assignment must be properly formatted and cited using APA (per the most recent edition of the APA manual).
- Your assignment must be a minimum of 750 words, not counting cover page and reference page material. Your writing can be longer, but it cannot be under the minimum indicated word-count for credit.
- Do not simply list questions and respond – your work is intended to be a complete, integrative narrative that embodies an introduction a body within which you respond to the targeted questions and a summary and conclusion.