Answered You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
HUM 112: World Cultures II : Week 9 Discussion:"Government and the Arts; Abstract Expressionism and Music" Please respond to one (1) of the following, using sources under the Explore heading as the b
HUM 112: World Cultures II :
Week 9 Discussion:
"Government and the Arts; Abstract Expressionism and Music" Please respond to one (1) of the following, using sources under the Explore heading as the basis of your response:
Please respond in a primary posting of at least 200 words. In addition, please make a substantive comment of at least 100 words to at least one  of your classmates. Subsequent comments may be shorter.
- Examine the U.S. Government's support during the Great Depression for programs, such as the Federal Arts Project, the Federal Writers' Project, and other such efforts. Determine whether or not such projects were good government investments during those hard times, and provide two (2) examples that support your viewpoint. Determine in what ways the U.S. government currently tries to support the arts.
- State whether you agree or disagree with the perception of Abstract Expressionism as exemplifying individualism and freedom. Explain the reasons for your views. Compare and contrast one (1) example of Abstract Expressionist visual art to John Cage’s musical compositions. After reviewing the pages and Websites below, explain how an abstract expressionist artist might respond to the assertion "my kid could paint that". Explain your position on that assertion.
Government and the Arts
- Chapter 37 (pp. 1228-1232), Federal support for the arts
- Government helping the arts in hard times:
Abstract Expressionism and Music
- Chapter 38 (pp. 1255-1263, and 1268-9), Abstract Expressionism
- Chapter 38 (pp. 1266-1269), Music of Chance; review the Week 9 “Music Folder”
- John Cage, listen and see – "Dream" at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hVFCmK6GgM
- John Cage, listen and see -- “4’33’" at (performed by William Marx):
- Audience reactions to 4’33”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8lXRusTpY4&index=4&list=PL223147EC2385356B (see also http://www.npr.org/2000/05/08/1073885/4-33)
- "My Kid Could Draw That" views: http://www.theamericanconservative.com/my-kid-could-draw-that/; and http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/28/study-examines-difference_n_841268.html
COM 101: Effective Communication Skills: Discussion question,
Week 9 Discussion:
"Applying What You Have Learned" Please respond to the following:
- Research your chosen careers in the Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook located at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/ or by using other career resources. Next, discuss at least two (2) opportunities that will utilize the skills of professional writing and communication within your career.
- Share your thoughts on the importance of professional writing and communication as a career development skill.
My career is Criminal Justice.
Please no plag, answer questions thoroughly, please stick to the agreement $ amount. Please turn in assignment on date agreed.
Note: there are 2 separate discussion questions.