Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
This activity will give you an opportunity to demonstrate your comprehension and understanding of the field of human resource management. It will allow you to show your grasp of the strategic role that HR plays in the organization.
Research Paper/Term Project:You will prepare and submit a research paper on a topic of your choice and approved by your instructor. This project is an opportunity for you to personalize the concepts you are learning in this course. The topics must be in the field of HRM or some application (e.g., an application of course concepts to your work situation; a research paper, using a survey/questionnaire to investigate a concept of interest and value; a detailed review of the literature about a concept from the course). You may consider other options; however, be sure to discuss your ideas with us.You must follow the format below for your term project report:
- Title: The title is a concise statement of the subject of the paper
- Abstract: The abstract is an "executive overview" of your paper. It should be a 50-to-l00 word summary that would be appropriate to give your manager so that he/she would know the essence of your project without reading the paper in its entirety.
- Table of Contents: In this section, list each section of your paper, with the page number. The list should include:
- Tables and Figures if you included more than two;
- Appendices, if included;
- Bibliography or reference section listing sources used.
- Introduction: In this section, state the purpose of the paper in succinct, declarative sentences. Convince your reader that the study will have a practical value and meaning for you and the study will be based upon the concepts studied in the course.
- Background and Significance: This section provides further justification of the need for your study. If your project examines a topic drawn from your work, you should include a description of your work environment, your position in the organization and how your position fits into the organization, both vertically and horizontally. Explain the applicable concepts from the course. If your project is focused on a particular organization, explain how these concepts apply to that organization. What is the organization doing well? Would it benefit by adopting some of the concepts you have been studying?
- Discussion, Implications and Recommendations: In this section, you should provide a thorough discussion of your findings and the implications of your study. Be sure to include only the pertinent implications. You should also present your recommended action plan. This plan will vary based on the type of project you selected. For example, it may be a personal action plan for you follow in your present position or in a position which would enable you to put the plan into action. If your project is a literature review, then your recommendations may be focused on what issues need further research. Be sure that the recommendations are realistic in terms of the appropriate HR concepts and, if applicable, the organization you have studied.
- References: You cannot use your texts as your primary source of information. You must draw on other sources such as HR and business journals, information from an organization, and interviews with individuals who work in an HR position. Be sure that you support the information presented with appropriate references. It is important that all references and quotes correctly are cited correctly. All sources, including web sites must be referenced in the Bibliography or References list. You must follow an accepted authority for style and form (e.g., APA style).
- Appendices: Include a separate sheet and title for each appendix.
Keep in mind that all accepted rules of English composition apply. The LENGTH of the paper is not the primary measure of the QUALITY of the paper. A paper of 40-50 pages is probably too long for the purposes of this course. On the other hand, the purpose of this assignment cannot be properly satisfied in a paper of only 5 pages! As a guideline, you will probably need about 15 pages to present your research adequately.
Be sure that you cite all references and quotes correctly; all sources used must be referenced in the Bibliography or References section. If you have questions about the format or content of references, discuss it with your instructor.