Waiting for answer This question has not been answered yet. You can hire a professional tutor to get the answer.
Culture And Intelligence Comparison
I Choose the three intelligence, but if you want to right about a different one go ahead and make that change that you need.
Write 3–5 pages in which you apply Gardner's theory of multiple intelligences to two different cultures.
In this assessment, you will explain how Gardner's theory of multiple intelligence illustrates cultural differences.
The following optional resources are provided to support you in completing the assessment or to provide a helpful context. For additional resources, refer to the Research Resources and Supplemental Resources in the left navigation menu of your courseroom.
The following e-books or articles from the Capella University Library are linked directly in this course:
- Kitayama, S. (2002). Culture and basic psychological processes—toward a system view of culture: Comment on Oyserman et al. Psychological Bulletin, 128(1), 89–96.
- Triandis, H. C. (1989). The self and social behavior in differing cultural contexts. Psychological Review, 96(3), 506–520.
- Wainryb, C. (2004). The study of diversity in human development: Culture, urgencies, and perils. Human Development, 47(3), 131–137.
- Weisner, T. S. (2010). John and Beatrice Whiting's contributions to the cross-cultural study of human development: Their values, goals, norms, and practices. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 41(4), 499–509.
The theory of multiple intelligences differentiates intelligence into specific, primarily sensory modalities, versus seeing intelligence as dominated by a single, general ability. This model, first proposed by Howard Gardner (1983), articulates seven individual criteria for a behavior to be considered an intelligence:
- Logical mathematical.
- Bodily kinesthetic.
For this assessment, presume you are going to test and compare dimensions of intelligence of people from cultures on two different continents. Complete the following:
- Select and define three of Gardner's dimensions of intelligence.
- Explain how you would test these three different dimensions of multiple intelligence in each culture. Do you need to test differently? Why?
- Explain how Gardner's theory of multiple intelligence illustrates cultural differences.
- Choose two very distinct cultures on two different continents. Measure each culture using the three Gardner dimensions you have selected for this assessment.
- Compare and contrast the two cultures you have chosen:
- What type of intelligence does each culture favor?
- What does it mean to be intelligent in each culture? What does intelligence mean in each culture?
- What is the history of each culture?
- What is the environment like?
- Ensure your finished assessment is 3–5 pages in length, not including the title page and references page.
- Include a title page and a references page.
- Include an introductory paragraph and a concluding paragraph.
- Include a minimum of three research resources.
- Follow APA guidelines for style and formatting.